The following features and enhancements were released by Solid Cactus eCommerce on October 27, 2010. If you are a Solid Cactus eCommerce merchant, more information on these changes can also be found in your recently updated user guide.
Mail – Test AutoResponder & Broadcast Email
This long awaited feature gives our merchants a simple method to send test autoresponder and broadcast emails.
Broadcast and AR emails.
- Merchants can specify up to five test group email addresses.
- Allows test of broadcasts, individual AR messages and AR series to be sent quickly, to receive immediate feedback
- Skips normal mail queues providing instantaneous results
- This release gives our merchants the ability to display categories as featured.
- Feature up to 12 categories in the store
- Add a new merge code for displaying featured categories available on custom pages, category pages and product templates [1sc:category.featured /]
- Better category control
- Setup default category display settings as “Grid View” or “List View”
- Setup default # products to display in “Grid View” or “List View”
- Hide products from store for special marketing promotions
- Hide categories from store for special marketing promotions
- Hide the “All Products” category from the left navigation
Product Attributes Addition
This project item is to provide merchants with a tool to create system wide attributes the can be applied and customized on a product by product basis. These items are different from product options.
- Add custom product information easily to make a more compelling product catalog.
- Plug a custom field directly into your product templates to show attributes of your products unique to your business [1sc:product.attribute.attributename /]
- Allows merchant to enter information that will appear on the store pages, giving customer info:
- “Shipping Info: Usually ships in 2-5 days”
- “Packaging: Fragile and will be packaged accordingly”
- “Brand: Nike”
- “New Product: Yes”
- “Return Policy: Item is returnable and subject to restocking fee.”
- Fields are HTML enabled meaning complete customization, tables, charts, graphics
- Adds new tabs to product details page “Attributes” and “New page” under Setup
- Post variables will include all attribute names and values on “thanks” and “thank you” pages following customer purchase
- API – attribute names and values will be available through API shown on each product
- New columns added to the “Import/Export” supporting product attributes
- Max of 100 product attributes/store, which can be shared between products
- Realex added to our list of supported gateways.
- Skipjack merchants were given the ability to process credit/voids (refunds) without requiring manual entry into SkipJack.
- Verbiage update in eProcessing Network setup instructions
- Verbiage update for the real-time shipping setting when using UPS.
- This release item adds a link on the third party integration page for Virtual Media’s website.
- Product URL’s and back end DOBA product improvements
- Update opt in links in broadcast system.
- Modifications and updates to product searching, recurring service, notification systems, and administrative editing controls.
To read more about these changes visit the Solid Cactus blog.